Friday 11 February 2011

Royal Thunder - S/T (2010)


Scene: A living room somewhere in Georgia, USA.

Camera P.O.V shot, tracks left to right showing
generic actors playing Father, Mother and Teenager.

Son: "Mom - Pop, I'm gonna form a band!"

Dad: "You don't know how long I have waited
for you to do this, Georgia has a long and proud
tradition of producing kiss-ass music"

Mum: "This is the proudest day of my life - will it
sound like Baroness?"

Son: "Er, not quite - I was thinking more of Dub-step
with a trip-hop vibe"

Dad: "Sounding like Kylesa?"

Son: "I wanted to try something without guitars"

Mum: "Sounding like Mastodon?"

Son: "NO! Not like Blacktusk either. Just because
we live in Georgia does not mean I have to sound
bone-crushingly heavy!"

Mom: "This is the saddest day of my life"

Dad: "Get out of my house. From this day on, I
have no son. You have brought shame to our
family. You are dead to me"!

Camera fades to black - cue credits.

Royal Thunder are from ........ guess where? .....
Georgia and have produced a 6 track EP of rumbling
stoner doom. More Kyuss than Kylesa, this band have
a great doom vibe with stunning female vocals but veer
more into the stoner side of things rather than the sludge
of any of the afore mentioned artists.

This is just their 1st release - when the album comes out
it should be a stonker.

No comments:

Post a Comment